We are hiring!
10 PhD positions in quantum science within the DFG-funded International Research Training Group GRK 2676 ‘Imaging quantum systems (IQS): photons, molecules, materials’.
The school has been established between the universities of Rostock in Germany, and Ottawa and Calgary in Canada, with the possibility to obtain a co-tutelle PhD. In their applications, interested candidates shall select three potential PhD projects provided in the projects section. Selection of the successful candidates will consist of a two-step process: an initial selection of candidates who will be invited for interviews, followed by a final selection of the 10 fellows, each working on an individual project. The employment contract is limited to three years. The positions are to be filled from 1st April 2023. Formally each position is a "Research Assistant (EG 13 75% TV-L pay scheme, qualification as PhD)"
- Research within the IRTG IQS on a specific science project
- 6-12 Months visit to one of the Canadian partner institutions
- Very good university degree (Diploma/Master or equivalent) in Quantum Science or related subject (physics, engineering etc)
- Good knowledge of experimental/theoretical quantum science
- Willingness to work towards further scientific qualification is required
- Willingness to work in a team is essential
- Very good English language skills
- A multi-facetted, diverse and challenging occupation in a university that is rich in tradition but at the same time innovative, modern and family-friendly, being situated in a lively city at the Baltic Sea
- Employment relationship according to the provisions of the collective agreement for the public service of the federal states (TV-L)
- A salary according to 13 TV-L if the personal and tariff prerequisites are fulfilled
- Part-time employment
- 30 days annual vacation
- Flexible working hours
- Dual PhD degree via co-tutelle agreement possible
- Various offers for health promotion and for the compatibility of family and work, e.g. through our family office or our health management URgesund
- Variety of training opportunities, including language courses, IT courses, seminars for professional development
- Discounted participation in the extensive range of university sports
Please, see the offical call for details on the application procedure and legal issues.
For further questions, please, contact us under:
Institute of Physics: Prof. Dr. Stefan Scheel, +49(0)381 4986920
Staff service: Kati Barth, +49(0)381 4981312